Bookability & eShop
eCommerce is at the heart of our tourism technology, with over £20 million of accommodation bookings and eShop orders processed in the last 12 months.
Bookability is an essential element of any website advertising accommodation. Sophisticated search and display ordering options fully integrated with our Guestlink Property Management System encourage accommodation providers to engage with your website. A range of participation fee and commission-based models are available to allow you to maximise the potential of this valuable income stream. The scope for online accommodation booking can be extended even further with our specialist delegate booking capability. This option allows rooms to be allocated at special prices, either by your conference desk or by the accommodation providers themselves using Guestlink, for functions such as conferences or weddings. A unique code for each function is given to the event organiser to share with their delegates or guests to allow them to access special deals for their event. An online shop offers revenue generation opportunities for non-accommodation tourism businesses. Both merchandise such as souvenirs or maps and tickets for attractions or events can be sold, with orders fulfilled either by individual tourism businesses or a central office such as a Tourist Information Centre. Customers are encouraged to buy now as eShop products are cross-sold wherever linked attraction or event listings appear, and up-sold as additions to accommodation bookings. The convenience of a global online basket means that each website visitor need only checkout once, even if they have gathered a range of accommodation bookings and eShop items into their shopping basket. Behind the scenes the order is split up into parts, so that only the relevant information is sent to each fulfiller.
- Fully integrated - Maximise the benefit of a fully integrated DMS by linking to relevant accommodation listings or eShop products throughout your website.
- Options to support any business model - All eCommerce products have sophisticated options supporting a range of participation fee or commission-based business models.
- Increased trade engagement - eCommerce options for all types of tourism businesses provide opportunities to engage with a wide range of sectors including local businesses and conference organisers as well as the traditional accommodation and attractions market.
- TIC led or tourism business led - If your resources are limited, encourage your tourism businesses to manage their own delegate booking allocation or eShop orders.
- Upselling and cross-selling opportunities - Maximise income streams by offering related items for sale wherever possible.