Recommendations & reviews
Visitors are more likely to trust comments from other visitors than from standard marketing messages. Our Recommendations and Reviews products are state of the art, social web applications that enable your visitors and web users to create and exchange content and opinions.
There is much debate over the value of different styles of user generated content (UGC). Blogs and articles provide invaluable advice on what visitors can expect from a destination, while closed reviews allow a visitor to know what to expect from an overnight stay at a hotel or other accommodation provider. The NVG Recommendations product promotes the creation of all kinds of user generated content (UGC), from reviews through to blog style journals, event suggestions, day trip ideas and articles. This means visitors are not limited to just reviewing products - the conversation can be about anything that's relevant to your visitors, or your marketing campaigns. Destinations can brand the application, set discussion topics, moderate content, link articles to products and distribute UGC via Twitter, RSS feeds and via other platforms. Our closed Review product incorporated into the eCommerce module encourages visitors to rate accommodation after an overnight stay. Providers can view and comment on reviews through Guestlink. Both Recommendations and closed Reviews can be displayed alongside Trip Advisor reviews on a property's details on your website.
- Full support for UGC - The Recommendations and Reviews products provide a complete solution for user generated content on your website.
- Visitors trust UGC - User generated content is a great way to encourage visitors to visit different areas of your destination.
- Completely integrated - Recommendations and Reviews are fully integrated with the product database so can easily be linked to product information for the purposes of cross selling.
- UGC improves SEO - Recommendations can be used to increase the relevant content and links on your site, improving organic SEO.
- Supports personalisation activities - UGC is integrated with the eMarketing and myWebsite products so can be used to drive related CRM and personalisation activities.
Further DetailsRecommendations Create a custom section dedicated to the publication of user generated content (UGC) and add related UGC to pages across your site:
- Name the section and article topics to coincide with your own marketing objectives and campaigns.
- Visitors can set up a community profile along with their interests, background and favourite pages on websites.
- Users can leave any kind of article as well as an image gallery (up to ten images), tags (to support the integration of tag clouds) and related links to accommodation, attractions and events in the DMS.
- Users can comment and share ideas about articles.
- Users can also publish to Facebook and Twitter and upload videos.
- Destinations can moderate content before publishing articles.
- Closed reviews are collected automatically using a personalised email sent four days after a visitor checks out.
- Reviews are collected from every DMS accommodation booking (websites, provider websites and TICs).
- Providers can see all reviews in Guestlink and can add their own feedback.
- Providers can request that unfair reviews are removed.
- Provider can opt out of the review system.